PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) is set to recruit for its client, Africa Power and Development Advisors (APDA) for the position Manager, Oil & Gas and Power. We were set up with a mandate to provide first class advisory services to African countries to attain economic advancement through regional interdependence and international cooperation within the context of their national development plans and achieving the United Nations Global Development Goals.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Oil & Gas and Power Sector
Reference Number: 130-PEO00712
Job type: Permanent
Roles & Responsibilities
- This role is responsible for the execution of the various advisory and project management activities that focuses on the needs of clients in the Oil & Gas and Power Sector.
- Establishes an execution plan to achieve the project objectives that is consistent with the terms of the contract and the organizations mandatory requirements.
- Oversees all APDA's Oil & Gas and Power related projects by ensuring deliverables/scope, costs/budgets and schedules/project are met.
- Identifies all resources and support (i.e. human, physical, financial) required to achieve the project objective and deliverables.
- Manages the execution of projects while promoting quality and safety by providing leadership and clear direction to project teams with a focus on the organization's specific related capital projects.
- Monitors and controls project performance against budget, schedule, quality and safety requirements using appropriate control tools, and reporting to Management and the client.
- Identifies changes in the scope of work and ensuring that change orders are current and adequate while effectively communicating project scope and changes to all stakeholders.
- Monitors cash flow to protect APDA and client investment in the project.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Sciences (preferably Engineering) with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division
- MBA or Masters in a related Discipline
- Relevant Professional Qualification in related Discipline
- Consulting experience is an added advantage
- Minimum of 8 years' experience in a similar organization and role
- Ability to speak French fluently
- Strong understanding of Project Management
Skills and Competencies Required
- Project Planning, Initiation and Organization
- Resource allocation and Management
- Negotiation and Communication
- Budgeting and Cost Management
- Ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team
Application Closing Date
31st January, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: