United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently set to make recruitment fr the position of a System Administrator. Our critical role in providing management services for our life-saving, peace building, humanitarian and Development Operations. I have seen many examples of how these activities help suffering people in troubled parts of the world"
Ban Ki-moon, United Nations Secretary - General
UNOPS helps its partners in the United Nations System meet the world's needs for building peace, recovering from disaster, and creating sustainable development. UNOPS is known for its ability to implement complex projects in all types of environments around the globe. In Delta state, UNOPS is implementing The Niger Delta Job Creation and Conflict Prevention Initiative which aims at mitigating the violence in the Niger Delta through job creation and conflict prevention initiatives to the vulnerable unemployed youths in the region. The project in Delta State is within the State Government's Human Capital Development, Peace, Security and Job Creation agenda and is jointly funded by the Delta State Government, United Nations Development Project (UNDP) and Shell Petroleum Development Corporation (SPDC).
This specific project covers a variety of sectors including training of beneficiaries in livelihood vocational skills development, job creation. mind-set change and conflict prevention initiatives. To achieve these objectives, UNOPS alongside the partners are setting up a befitting vocational training centre in Egbokodo, Warri, Delta State and would require the services of suitably qualified individuals for the following additional position:
Job Title: System Administrators
Reference Code UNOPS/VA/2013-002
- Individual will be responsible for the engineering of SA related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- He shall install and configure systems such as supports GIS infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications
- Minimum B.Sc in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- System Administration/System Engineer with certification in Unix and Microsoft
- 5 years working experience as system administrator
Recruitment for the above stated positions is carried out on behalf of the Delta State Government and successful candidates, once employed shall be subject to the best salary scale obtainable at Delta State institutions with on additional Special Duty Allowances (SDA)- 30% of Gross Salary. Candidates will not be recruited nor subject to UN Contract Agreement.
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2013
Method of Applications
1. All interested candidates are expected to submit their applications containing a letter of interest, curriculum vitae and the United Nations Personal History form (P11) to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Candidates must ensure that the subject line of the email application includes the position title and vacancy reference e.g Application: System Administrator UNOPS/VA/2013-001.
Failure to meet this requirement will lead to an automatic disqualification.
3. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and no other correspondence will be entered into with applicants
4. For more details on recruitment, candidates are advised to visit UNOPS websites: www.unops.org and navigate to "Who we need".
5. The UN Personal History Form P11 (Click here to download P11 form in doc format) can also be obtained from the UNOPS
- Interested and suitably qualified candidates working with the Delta State Government Educational Institutions are encouraged to apply. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Successful candidates currently working with the Delta State Institutions would be placed on secondment and will benefit from the SDA.
- Other successful candidates not working with the Delta State Government will be placed at a level commensurate with their qualifications and experiences and will also benefit from the SDA as addition to their Gross Salaries